About this event
African Night Fever and Ropetackle proudly invite you to take part in this special free, family friendly fun-packed day of workshops, embracing the magical spirit of West Africa and its cultures.
The workshops are designed for all abilities and we encourage family participation.
- Fun dance workshop with Ali Bangura and Kwame Ernerst-Obeng
- Learn to move to the beats of West Africa, singing and clapping to joyous traditional songs
- Fun filled African drumming workshop for all ages (limited spaces)
- Family friendly arts and crafts activities with Phati Mnguni
- Discover the cultural stories of the Manding Griots
11am-12.30pm: arts and crafts activities, and two 30 min drumming workshops (spaces are limited, first come first served)
1.30pm-2pm: West African dance workshop, open to all
To join us, please book your free ticket. You can choose which activities and workshops you wish to participate in on the day, however, please note the drumming workshops have limited spaces.